[[1]Gage[1]]   >>>>>SIM START<<<<<

[[1]Gage[1]]   LOCATION> A LARGE BREIFING ROOM BENEATH AREA 52. 

[[1]Gage[1]]   SCENE>  AFTER CAPTAIN AMERICA DECIDED TO STAY ON THE ISLAND TO HELP THE NATIVES AND CONTINUE SEARCHING FOR HIS SHEILD, WE LEFT.  TRANCE AWOKE ON THE WAY, SURPRISINGLY NO WORSE FOR WEAR, AND WAS BRIEFED.  WE'VE ARRIVED AND ALL SIT WAITING TO BE BRIEFED BEFORE TAKING A TRIP THROUGH TIME. 

[[1]Gage[1]]   ::strumming his finger on the table, waiting::  ((No outbursts this time, please...)) 

<[1]Dragon[1]>   ::glances at Gage, but doesn't say anything, leaning back in her chair and sipping a mug of coffee::

<[1]Click[1]>   ::stares off at nothing inparticular::

<[1]Cryz[1]>   ::finishes writing something then slips it into an envelope with some money then slips that envelope into a larger one with some more money::

<[1]Eve[1]>   ::sits across from most of team and glances down at the floor:

<[1]Shadowcat[1]>   ::yawns sitting up to the table resting her arms on her laptop she was just working on:: ((the feeling in here is so chipper..))

<[1]Dragon[1]>   ::eyes Cryz:: {{Exactly what are you doing with all of that?}}

[[1]Gage[1]]   ACTION>  THE DOORS TO THE ROOM OPEN AUTOMATICALLY AND DR.ALISTER WALKS IN, STOPS AND GLANCES AT THE TEAM

<[1]Gideon[1]>   ::looks over::

[[1]Gage[1]]   ::looks up::  Hello, Doctor. 

<[1]Cryz[1]>   ::eyes dart around then folds the envelope and puts it into a pocket on the inside of his jacket:: ((You're the telepath, you tell me ::mental smirk::))

<[1]Myriad[1]>   ::looks to the doc::

<[1]Shadowcat[1]>   ::smiles to the doctor and sits up and back in her chair::

<[1]Eve[1]>   ::just sighs::

<[1]Dragon[1]>   {{Riiight.  Let's settle for making them pay out the nose for 'dangerous duty' wages, and leave the lottery winning or whatnot behind. I'd rather not cause any upsets in the timestream.}}

[[1]Gage[1]]   <Alister> *ahem* Well, yes.  Good to see you all back.  ::walks to the opposite side of the room, opens a metallic drawer and turns to address the team::  Well, now that you've been apprised of situation, lets get down to business. 

<[1]Gideon[1]>   ::blinks at Eve::

[[1]Gage[1]]   <Alister> ::holds up a small device that looks similiar to a watch::  These devices will allow our psionic teleporter to transport you with him through temporal opening.  ::clears his throat:: 

<[1]Myriad[1]>   <<grr, afk fas..>>

<[1]Eve[1]>   huh? ::blinks and looks up at Gideon::

<[1]Gideon[1]>   ::smiles::

<[1]Cryz[1]>   ::glances to Alister:: ((Lottery? I wouldn't be that brash.. it's.. merely a few bets at horse tracks then a few key stocks.. I don't think they'll even let me bring it back, anyways..))

<[1]Dragon[1]>   Your psionic teleporter... I assume you're not talking about the disembodied brain.

<[1]Eve[1]>   ((Why is he smiling?  I can't even remember what it was like to be happy..)) ::smiles a bit::

[[1]Gage[1]]   <Alister> No, we have called is someone special.  British special forces actually.  He can teleport through the Astral Plane, but you'll need these devices if you're to go with him. 

<[1]Myriad[1]>   ::sarcastially:: goodie.

<[1]Cryz[1]>   So what happens if these devices get broken when we're in the past?

<[1]Gideon[1]>   ::listens to Alister::

<[1]Click[1]>   ::looks to Cryz:: they prolly never planned for that situation

[[1]Gage[1]]   <Alister> ::looks at Cryz::  Your screwed, so don't break them.  Before I bring in our man, I feel we should go over the mission specs one last time. 

<[1]Cryz[1]>   ::blinks:: What.. it's only a couple hears in the past.. couldn't we just.. live it up til the right time then showed up at our base to wait for the team to get back, or something?

<[1]Shadowcat[1]>   ::shakes her head at Click's comment and pushes a hand trhough her hair as she returns her attention to Alister::

[[1]Gage[1]]   <Alister> Your placement in the past will not be exact.  It'll be in Manhattan, within a few days Creed's speech.  Your hardest task will be finding the other time traveller. 

<[1]Dragon[1]>   ::looks away:: Great. You'd better not be keeping any information you have, whatsoever, about this other time traveller, a secret from us.

<[1]Cryz[1]>   ::blinks as his question gets ignored:: ((..ooookaaay..))

[[1]Gage[1]]   <Alister>  We're not.  At least not to my knowledge...how this person knew how to get by oir equipment is beyond me, but ::trails off for a moment::  Anyways.  We also do not know who assinated Creed. 

<[1]Shadowcat[1]>   ((well one word that comes to mind is cynical..)) ::taps her foot quietly::

<[1]Gideon[1]>   ::sighs:: ((I don't like this at all..))

<[1]Dragon[1]>   {{What? I don't wanna get stuck a few years in the past, do you?}}  ::glances back to Alister:: What about complete personnel records of anyone who has ever worked within this facility?

<[1]Eve[1]>   :;breaking out of her silence:: When do we have to go again..?

<[1]Cryz[1]>   ::scratches his head:: I'm a bit confused.. we're supposed to go stop the assassination.. or what? ((I wouldn't mind being stuck in the past with you..))

[[1]Gage[1]]   <Alister>  ::borwed look at Dragon::  They've all been accounted for.  No, The best answer, we think, would be for the psions on the team to scan as many minds as possible to detect differences...if a person isn't from the correct time, it shouldn't be too hard to tell. 

<[1]Myriad[1]>   ....huh.

<[1]Dragon[1]>   You're talking Manhattan, man. ::rubs the side of her head:: If you think that's an easy task, to just go in and 'look' for aberrations... you've never brushed minds with most of Manhattan's population.

[[1]Gage[1]]   <Alister>  ::trying not to snear at Dragon::  That, my dear, is why we've hired you.  If we we able to do eveything for you, you wouldn't be here. 

<[1]Dragon[1]>   ::cold stare:: You want us to do this job right, you give us all relevant information. And that doesn't mean information *you* think is relevant, that means information *we* think is relevant. We're the professionals here.

<[1]Cryz[1]>   ::mutters and rubs his forehead, mumbling something about being ignored and wanting to force feed this Alister guy one of those "devices" backwards::

<[1]Gideon[1]>   just out of curiosity.. why must all of us go?  I think I stand out a bit

<[1]Eve[1]>   because of your hair? ::blinks::

[[1]Gage[1]]   ::sits up::  Becuase we're a team, Gid.  It's what we do.

<[1]Gideon[1]>   ::looks at the table:: doesn't feel like one...

<[1]Eve[1]>   ::frowns:: he's right..

<[1]Shadowcat[1]>   ::blinks at the recent turn in the conversation and sits back:: ((might have gotten myself into the wrong situation..probably don't need me dropping in when they have these kinds of problems))

[[1]Gage[1]]   <Alister>  *sigh*  I've given you the information.  ::sets the devices down on the table::  Please prepare however you need.  ::walks out, muttering::  Send in then teleporter to meet them and then have them downstairs. 

<[1]Click[1]>   ::leans back and stares into nothingness again::

<[1]Eve[1]>   ::stays in her seat::

<[1]Cryz[1]>   ::sighs to himself then reaches and grabs one of the devices, examining it:: ((..maybe I should just.. smash this thing as soon as we get there..))

<[1]Dragon[1]>   {{God damn stupid... government... bureaucrats!}} ::takes another swig of coffee, looking peeved, but quiet::  {{And don't talk like that, please.}}

<[1]Myriad[1]>   ::gets one of the devices and puts it on, adjusting it::

[[1]Gage[1]]   ::stands::  Well, *that* was certainly fun.  Look, I'm not going to make any of you go.  But I think this is what is best.  ::slips on a device:: 

<[1]Click[1]>   ::reaches over and grabs one of the devices while staying seated::

<[1]Gideon[1]>   ::sits there staring at the table::

<[1]Eve[1]>   ::frowns:: I really can't turn down an order, Sir..

<[1]Eve[1]>   ::stands up:: May I go now?

<[1]Cryz[1]>   ::frowns as he eyes the device:: ((Why not? To you.. I'd be gone for just a little bit..))

<[1]Click[1]>   ::looks to Eve:: you can turn down an order if you wish to

<[1]Shadowcat[1]>   ::looks from her seat to the rest and Gage:: I was ordered to stay as long as you need me..so I suppose if you want me I will go..especially if you will be short team members ::looks to the others and then Gage::

<[1]Eve[1]>   No, I cannot..

<[1]Dragon[1]>   ::sardonic little smirk:: Oh, I wouldn't miss out on this... I just don't like this 'need to know' attitude these jerks have.  ::glances at Cryz, frowning slightly:: {{What, you want to leave?}}

[[1]Gage[1]]   ::reluctant smile at Eve, then looks to SH::  We can use any help. 

<[1]Shadowcat[1]>   ::Nods and grabs a device and smiels to Gage as she puts it on:: Then I'm glad to

<[1]Cryz[1]>   ::sighs quietly:: ((If this kinda BS we're dealing with now's what I have to look forward to when I get back.. why come back?))

<[1]Gideon[1]>   ::closes his eyes and puts his head down on the table::

[[1]Gage[1]]   ACTION> A SOMEWHAT BURLY MAN OF ABOUT 60 WALKS INTO THE ROOM, THOUGH WE DON'T KNOW HIM, SHADOWCAT WOULD RECOGNIZE THE MAN AS TWITCH. 

<[1]Eve[1]>   I am an effective weapon after all.. that is how I'm useful to this team and that is all.  ::picks up a device and walks away from the group:: ((Ack.. what did I just say?!))

<[1]Dragon[1]>   ... ::frowns deeper for a moment, before she calms her expression:: {{I don't know, it's not like there's anything here for you, obviously....}}  ::picks up a device and examines it closely::

<[1]Shadowcat[1]>   ::blinks and smiles:: Hey..now here's a face I know ::moves over to Twitch::

[[1]Gage[1]]   <Twitch> ::speaking with an Irish accent::  Well, greetins all. ::smiles at SH::  Lass, they told me ye'd be 'ere!  

<[1]Cryz[1]>   ::looks to Dragon:: ((I never said I wanted to go by myself if I had to..))

<[1]Shadowcat[1]>   ::gives Twitch a hug:: I get around...and I guess you do too

<[1]Click[1]>   ::stands up and wanders after Eve::

<[1]Myriad[1]>   ::blinks at Twitch:: ((..great.. hope we'll be able to understand what he's saying....))

[[1]Gage[1]]   ::stands to address Twitch::  Hello, sir.  You must be the teleporter they've told us about. 

<[1]Dragon[1]>   {{Yes... you pretty much did.}} ::turns the device over in her hands, not really looking at it::

<[1]Eve[1]>   ::glances down at her shaking hands:: ((I have to keep my emotions in check.. I'm not good to the team otherwise..)) ::frowns again::

[[1]Gage[1]]   <Twitch>  ::to SH::  That I do.  ::to Gage::  Call me Noah...or Twitch.  Either...and yeh, I'll be your rise back to the past, it seems.  ::tries to give a reassuring smile while examining the group:: 

<[1]Myriad[1]>   ::eyes go slightly unfocused, then focus again:: ((..is that.. Eve?.... i really need to talk to her...))

<[1]Shadowcat[1]>   So are you staying with us the whole time? or just to jump us there and back?

<[1]Cryz[1]>   ::closes his eyes, sighing:: ((I'm newly married.. I wouldn't leave my blushing bride behind.. I'd want you to come with.. but then.. I might not get a choice in things, depending on how things go..))

<[1]Gideon[1]>   ::sighs:: ((they wouldn't understand anyway...))

<[1]Click[1]>   Are you okay Eve? You know were your friends

<[1]Dragon[1]>   {{Let's just... not plan on catastrophe, okay? And for god's sake... don't do anything to break your device..}} ::looks up, nodding slightly to Twitch in greeting::

[[1]Gage[1]]   <Twitch>  'ere fer the duration, I'm afriad.  Can't jus leave ye in the past can I?  ::rubs the back of his head::

<[1]Cryz[1]>   ::small frown, looks at the device in his hands then shifts to crystal before reverting to flesh:: ((I'm probably the most likely to break it without realizing it..))

<[1]Eve[1]>   huh? ::blinks and breaks concentration to glance at Click:: Me?  Oh.. I'm fine thank you :;smiles:: I really know I'm among friends.. ((..I think..))

[[1]Gage[1]]   ::sits quietly back down, thinking:: 

<[1]Shadowcat[1]>   ::smiles;: so when do we get to start on this little joy ride.

<[1]Dragon[1]>   {{No... because you're going to be very careful with it.  Please..}}

<[1]Click[1]>   are you sure? im here anytime if you need to talk with me ::smiles::

[[1]Gage[1]]   <Twitch>  Now's as good a time as any, eh?  ::starts for the door::

<[1]Eve[1]>   I'm sure thank you.. :;glances at Gage for a bit;: I think I'm just starting to realize things..

<[1]Dragon[1]>   ::stands, sliding her chair back and pocketing the device::

<[1]Shadowcat[1]>   ::Looks to Gage to see if he's ready to get them moving::

<[1]Cryz[1]>   ::glances to her:: ((I'm not saying I'd throw it around like it's a ball or something.. but given my powers.. I'm probably most likely to break it..)) ::stands up holding the device::

<[1]Dragon[1]>   {{Is optimism a foreign concept to you, or something?}} ::glances into the box to see if there's a spare device, by any chance::

[[1]Gage[1]]   ::stands, sighs, then looks around::  Okay, lets go then.  ::heads out the door:: 

<[1]Shadowcat[1]>   ::catches up to Noah and follows him::

[[1]Gage[1]]   >>>>>A SHORT WHILE LATER<<<<<

[[1]Gage[1]]   SCENE> THE GROUP, ALL WEARING THEIR DEVICES, HAS CONGREGATED IN A ROOM IN WHICH LUCAS' BRAIN HAS BEEN PLACED.  TWITCH STANDS NEAR IT, PREPARING HIMSELF.  ALL THE DOCTORS HAVE CLEARED OUT, OBSERVING THROUGH A DARK WINDOW. 

<[1]Eve[1]>   ::glances down at the device and studies it::

<[1]Shadowcat[1]>   ::looks towards the dark window and shivvers a bit:: ((Hate being watched..))

<[1]Cryz[1]>   ::stretches:: So if we get lost.. we'll have a hologram named Al come and help us get back to our time, right? ::glances around::

[[1]Gage[1]]   ACTION> ALISTER'S VOICE COMES OVER SOME SPEAKERS. 

<[1]Cryz[1]>   ..::mumbles to himself, rubbing his forehead again:: Did I suddenly gain the powers of invisibility and to not be heard, today?

<[1]Gideon[1]>   ::reluctantly enters the room with the others::

<[1]Dragon[1]>   ::arms folded, eyes the floor::

[[1]Gage[1]]   <Alister>  ::soeaking obviously to Cryz::  No, you won't.  Noah,  we've tuned the EM fequency for you, so you should be all set. 

<[1]Gideon[1]>   :;stands away from the others, glancing around::

<[1]Myriad[1]>   ::fixes her hair a bit::

<[1]Eve[1]>   ::hugs her shoulders:: I think I'm ready..

[[1]Gage[1]]   <Twitch>  ::exhales::  Okay, I'm ready.  ::begins concentrating:: 

<[1]Dragon[1]>   ::undertone to Twitch:: Have you actually done this before?

<[1]Click[1]>   ::looks around, talking silently to himself::

<[1]Shadowcat[1]>   He's up to it ::nods to Dragon::

[[1]Gage[1]]   ACTION> TWITCH DOESN'T HEAR DRAGON, AS BOLTS OF PSIONIC ENERGY FLY OUT FROM TWITCH'S BODY AND CONNECT WITH THE WRIST DEVICES. 

<[1]Eve[1]>   ..I have a strange feeling about this..

<[1]Dragon[1]>   ::shivers a little, warily eyeing Twitch::

<[1]Cryz[1]>   ::sighs, frowning then double checks his device, wondering if there's a certain switch or whatever you have to press to turn it on::

[[1]Gage[1]]   ACTION>  SOON, EVERYONE BEGINS TO FEEL SLEEPY AS THEIR BODIES CONVERT TO PSIONIC ENERGY, AND WITH THE SPEED OF THOUGHT, THEY DISSAPPEAR INTO LUCAS' BRAIN. 

[[1]Gage[1]]   >>>>>SIM END<<<<<